My New Place

I've been in Cambridge for two full weeks now and I have finally gotten my apartment into working order. The last week has been very busy between orientation, class shopping, gross weather, socializing and getting a job so I apologize for not putting pictures up earlier. After four trips to IKEA, furniture assembling, rearranging and organization it's finally close to finished. I am still debating over some wall decals to add more color to the walls since I'm not allowed to paint them, but in terms of furniture I am finished. Here's how made 327 ft into six different "rooms".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The kitchen - it was thoughtfully designed with smaller appliances to save me space and is much more energy efficient. You can also see my little kitchen table which can be adjusted to accommodate more people.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The bathroom -I'm still really impressed by how large it is (it was a bit difficult to photograph, sorry!) and the additional storage below the sink and in my inset medicine cabinet makes keeping things organized and neat looking quite easy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The study- I plan on painting the back of the bookcase to give the room some more color eventually. The chair I bought from IKEA is my favorite furniture purchase though, it's super comfy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The bedroom - I had a bit of trouble getting my camera to work with the lighting from a different angle so I'm using this picture instead. It isn't the greatest, but you can see a bit more of the apartment I suppose. I was using another comforter, but I changed to this one because I wanted warmer colors in the room for a more cozy feel.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The closet - This has been probably the most difficult to organize due to the amount of clothing I have. I think I've finally gotten the configuration down and the doors stay shut most of the time so I don't need to worry about it being perfect.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The entertainment center - I'm using the TV stand as extra storage for clothing and I'll be hopefully adding some wall decals to this wall to make it more complete feeling. The painting was done by my lovely and talented mother.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The office - I wanted a huge workspace for when I'll be completing research papers. This desk is from IKEA and has lots of customizable components you can use to put together a desk.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My view - definitely my favorite part of my apartment!

I've really enjoyed having my own space and with my new job I'll be able to afford some special final touches to bring everything together perfectly. So, if in doubt, remember even in the smallest of spaces you can still have a lot of functionality with good planning and many trips to IKEA!