Gimme a P-A-P-E-R-W-O-R-K! What's that spell? A big pain in the ass!




My oldest daughter has decided that she wants to be a cheerleader this year. Quite frankly, I would much rather she double up on tennis lessons (duh), take swimming, or play soccer...but she chose cheerleading, so I'm going with it.






Anyway, I broke out the Pop Warner registration packet the other day, and I almost sh-t! I think a college application to Harvard would require less work than this!


In order for my daughter to start cheerleading they require 2 copies of her birth certificate, a photograph of her, her social security number, 2 copies of her latest report card, a physical form, and I need to sell at least $100 worth of ads for the Pop Warner ad journal. We also need to get measured for sneakers and uniforms, pay a $100 fee plus give a $150 deposit for the uniform.


I'm glad they aren't asking for DNA samples and copies of my tax records for the past 10 years! No wonder my friends with 4 kids are stressed out! Those of you with older children are used to this, but this is all new to me.



Anyway, I put the pedal to the medal and I'm halfway there with the paperwork. Tomorrow she gets her physical, and then I'm ready to turn in the 275 pages of documentation which will allow my child to attend cheerleading practice Monday night.


Yay mom!!!