Tennis Tuesday or is it Wednesday? Breaking Up Is Hard To Do...


First of all, I have to tell you, I am so glad Wimbledon is over!!! What a distraction that was! Five hours of televised top notch tennis everyday is too much for me to resist.

Today was a heartbreaking day for me on the doubles court. I played a three and a half hour match for my summer team and lost 6-8 in a third set tie-breaker. I'm trying really hard to avoid replaying some of my less than stellar shots that could have won the match for us. What's done is done, and I must move on!!! ("If I had only attacked my opponents second serve at 6-6"..."How did I BLOW that easy overhead?"..."I should have been more aggressive at net...") STOP IT!!! It's over!!! I swear I'm not schizophrenic.

In more tennis news, a rival team captain from USTA has been "courting" me. (Pun intended!)

She asked me to play doubles on Monday with some of her team mates. (Which I did.) And after we played they surrounded me in the parking lot and asked me to join their team this year.

I played on her team for two years and "broke up" with her last year to join our club's other team. I told her I wasn't ready to commit again. She accepted my decision graciously and we decided to continue our dating relationship for now, and play doubles again next week.

Soon I'll tell you all about the drama between my club's two 3.5 ladies teams, and you'll understand a little better all the angling and alliances that are formed off the court.

It bears a striking resemblance to "Survivor."

Such is life. My husband deals with it at work, I deal with it with my children, my tennis and the PTA!

So, what's up with you??