Bloggin' on the road!


I couldn't wait to write about this, so hubby was kind enough to let me use his laptop for 5 minutes.

On our way back from SU we decided to check out the NY State Fair. Now I've been to some fairs in my day, but this one takes the cake!

NOT the place to be when you're on a diet.

I kid you not, they sold DEEP FRIED TWINKIES!!! Now I love me some junk food as much as the next girl, but DEEP FRIED TWINKIES!!! Sounds like cellulite and a heart attack all rolled into one sugar laden fat soaked ball of lard. Ewww.

I did partake in a caramel and peanut covered apple, a Sangria Slushie, pizza, funnel cake and and Rainbow Dippin' Dots . Needless to say, I didn't go on any rides. I don't even want to think about how ugly a trip on the Himalayan would be after my chow fest.

I have some pictures that I HAVE to post when I get home. They had a Freak Show complete with a three eyed man, mule faced woman, elephant skinned baby, snake lady, and Siamese twins. Once again, I passed on that tempting spectacle. After all, I worked in New York City for 7 years. Why would I pay to see that stuff now, when I used to see it every day on the subway ABSOLUTELY FREE!

The only real letdown was when we were too late to catch the pig races at the main stadium. I was really looking forward to that! Come to think of it, we missed the Butter Sculpture display! Damn!!! I heard they had an amazing rendering of Michelangelo's "David" made completely out of Land O' Lakes!

All in all it was a day full of fine cuisine and culture. We're all class here at Caffeine Court.

Now I have to give Brad back the computer, thanks for listening!