Let's talk about the weather...

I've read your comments on my previous post and I can see why some of you don't even want to dignify the e-mail I received. I too found it offensive, but I posted it to make a point.

On the radio this morning a talk show host who is an older gentlemen talked about the election. He commented that Americans have always had different opinions and that's what makes this country great. He has noticed, as we all have, that we no longer seem to have a shared vision. Instead of acknowledging our differences and celebrating them, there is a strong feeling of hatred and divisiveness. I know there have been other times in history that our country has been strongly divided, such as during the Civil War and Vietnam, I just haven't been around to see it.


I am very interested in people and the way their minds work. The past few months have been fascinating for me, because I've seen a side of many people that has quite frankly shocked me. Who would guess that this woman who appears so gentile and intelligent would send out such a harsh racist e-mail to 100 people? It's so over the top!!! On the other side, I've heard conspiracy theories. I've heard from more than one person that George Bush and Dick Cheney masterminded the 9/11 attacks for their own financial and political benefit! Once again, shocking and pretty extreme. I've heard racist and sexist comments from the mouths of people who I never dreamed would utter such trash.

I guess this is why people talk about the weather, or sports and not politics or religion.

So, in that vein, did you see Beverly Hills Chihuahua yet? It's so cute. All those adorable little puppies running around. Precious I tell you, just precious.