Life with Buddy aka A CRY FOR HELP!

It's been 8 days since I adopted our newest family member and what a week it has been.

Granted, I've had puppies before, but this is the first time I've attempted it with 2 children, a demanding husband (no offense), 2 dogs a cat and a recently remodeled house. It adds quite a bit to the degree of difficulty.

My life pretty much goes like this...

Wake up tired from getting up at 2 am and taking puppy out, take Buddy out of crate. Take him outside.

Feed Buddy, take him out again, or clean up poop or pee if he doesn't make it out in time.

Soothe 5 year old daughter who was wrestling with Buddy and got bit on the finger..HARD with his sharp little teeth.

Pull shoe out of Buddy's mouth.

Pull crayon out of Buddy's mouth.

Pull curtain out of Buddy's mouth.

Feed kids breakfast.

Take them upstairs to get dressed. Hear barking. Buddy is stuck behind the dresser. Wedge him out.

Brush teeth, brush hair, realize we are running REALLY late. Run around yelling.

Pack lunches while holding puppy with one hand.

Throw puppy in crate and rush out the door.

Repeat, over and over and over again EVERYDAY.

(For variety throw in occasional trips to the vet and Petsmart.)

This is the life of a girl who didn't get married until she was 33. Who loved hanging out reading books, going to brunch with friends, and generally slacking at my leisure.

I did laundry when I felt like it. I ordered in. I partied like a rock star. And sometimes I got really lonely.

Those days are over. No more slacking. 2 loads of laundry a day. And always surrounded by little creatures, begging for my attention.

Would I trade my current life for my carefree bacholorette days? Hell no! All those parties, weekends at the beach and goofing around with friends was TORTURE.

I love chasing puppies, vacuuming, cooking, loading the dishwasher, unloading the dishwasher, grocery shopping, cleaning out litter boxes, I LOVE IT!!!!

Do I desperately need a Girl's Night Out? FUCK YEAH!!!! (OOOPS...excuse my language, I'm really tired....really, really tired, like about to SNAP tired...Don't worry about me, I'll be okay.)

Anyway, as I was saying. My life is great. Now pass me a valium and a big glass of vodka.