Early Morning Brisket Update.

I woke up at 3 am, without an alarm clock and realized that the beef had to sit at room temp. for an hour before hitting the grill and the wood chips had to soak for an hour. So I made my way to the kitchen in the dark. Then I laid awake for about 45 min. before drifting off again only to be woken up by the alarm clock at 4 am. Kerry figured he might as well get up too. The dogs on the other hand didn't think it was such a great idea.
The beef, much to my dismay, was too big for the bbq grill. After telling Kerry that next time we need a bbq we will be getting a much bigger one, I cut the brisket in 2 pieces.
He left for work smellling like a hickory stick. I'm sure the neighbours think someone's house burnt down during the night, it smells so smokey but oh, so yummy both inside and outside.
I will never tell anyone that I am making them brisket for lunch ever again. Unless it's left over from the night before.