Driving at 100kmph

Well, I have finally taken the plunge (after having had my L license on and off since I was 18) and I am learning to drive.

It's pretty interesting, and for the most part reminds me of why I have avoided driving for the past six years. Of a particularly stressful nature are driving technicalities such as:
1. red lights;
2. other cars;
3. multiple lanes;
4. hill starts;
5. changing gears;
6. not stalling; and,
7. trying to breathe while accounting for the above said technical features of driving.

Sometimes I finish a drive and I swear I am blue from holding my breath for an hour.

Anyway, it's testing times, however now that I have logged about 17 hours (not sure how many hours I have driven, to the minute) I feel as though I am coming through the other side, though at times this driving thing is still terrifying.

On Monday, I drove out to Dayboro, when we had a sandwich, then did a Mt Mee Loop and drove back. It was as if I was on my road bike, but it took a lot less time. And I drove at almost 100kmph, which was a little scary. I will be useless on the autobahn!

On Sunday (also known as the day before Monday), there was a ride held by the Xmas' out near bunya, home of the Bunya Nut*:


It was an awesome ride hampered only by achy-breaky legs, in conjunction with the 'manly' gear on my singlespeed. A queer gear was definitely required that day.

The ride was followed by a lovely breakfast and a play with the Xmas' new puppy, Sonic (named by 4- and 7-year-old boys, of course!)

So basically, it's all good. Today is my day off and I had plans to ride at 5.30, but my buddy bailed, so now I am drinking way too much coffee, planning a solo MTB ride that will depart in about an hour, if I get my shit together in that time.

*Um, I am not actually sure if this is so, but it sounds like a good fit anyway.