How Random Can You Get?

I really shouldn't be on the computer right now, but I feel I've been neglecting my blog and I simply can't let that happen!

So far, I've loved my little political experiment. We've discussed some pretty controversial topics and everybody kept their cool. So much fun.

I'll do some more in a few days, I even have a guest blogger who will step in to discuss healthcare reform. I know you all love THAT subject, so try to contain yourselves!!!

Anyway, since there are bills to pay and laundry piles that need tending to, I'll keep this brief.

Here are some thoughts, let's call them:

SOME THINGS I BELIEVE:


I believe that people spend way too much time worrying about how they look and what other people think of them. Humans are social animals, so some concern over appearances and behavior are healthy. I just think we go overboard spending too much on cosmetics, clothes and trying to impress. It's hard to pull away from it when everyone else is doing it, but I still think we all waste too much time trying to be perfect.

If your child wants a dog REALLY, REALLY, badly, you should get one. Yes, they are expensive, and messy and they are lots of work, but they are TOTALLY worth it. If you're considering it. DO IT. It'll be one of the best things you can do for your family.

I don't necessarily think, Twitter, Facebook, my blog and my BlackBerry have made my life better. They have CHANGED my life, but I think they can be really bad for my brain.

I am so, so glad my husband has forced me to clean up the clutter in my car and house. I have fought him tooth and nail, but I always feel so much more centered and at peace when there aren't piles of crap everywhere. May god give me the strength to keep it this way!!


Oh, and by the way, the US Open Friday night was one of the best nights of my life. Which means I really need to get out more!

I have a funny story about the night which illustrates how immature I am, but I'll save it for later!

Happy 9/9/09 to all of you.