Self Motivated

I had high hopes for today. Today was going to be a day to get out and get things done.

When I woke up this morning and went into my 6 year old daughter's room, I realized that I was going to need to change my plans.

She was BURNING up.

Time to shift gears, and quickly.

I tucked the little one back into bed and I called my neighbor to drive my 10 year old to school.

And now, here I sit. Waiting patiently for my pediatricians office to open.

There goes my glamorous day. A day I was going to spend tooling around in the minivan, going to recycling, grocery shopping and registering my daughters for spring lacrosse.

Instead I get to stay home and care for my sick daughter. (That's the good part, I get to spend time with her.)

While she rests, I have to do the mature thing, and clean this damn house from top to bottom.

I'm so thankful we have a nice big house. Not so thankful for all the work it takes to keep it clean.

Quite frankly, I'm having a mid-life crisis.

I'm a cliche. A bored housewife.

*SIGH*

If any of you have suggestions on how I can make cleaning and organizing more enjoyable, I am open to any and all suggestions.

*ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT*

In the meantime, you know where you can find me...here, in suburban Jersey, with a mop in my hand and a SMILE on my face!!