Beauty Week


I have declared this week "Beauty Week" here at Caffeine Court. (Unless, of course, something really hilarious or interesting happens to me, which is highly unlikely.)

Anyway, I'm going to dedicate this week's posts to the topic of vanity.

Today I will tell you about a new product my sister turned me on to.

OPI's Axxium Gel manicure. These little tubs of color are made from the same substance as the acrylic nails. The difference is that these gels are thinner than their early counterparts and are pliable as regular polish, therefore look more natural and real.

They also form a bond to the nail after being set with a UV light and can be painted over with regular polish if you want to change it up! The process takes about an hour, but my nails looked perfect for 2 weeks. The only drawback is that you have to go back and get them filled every 2-3 weeks, or soak them in a special remover for 15 minutes. Bummer.

I chose a very light color, very similar to Essie's Ballet Slippers and it looked fabulous.

I absolutely hate sitting for a manicure, but I like my nails to look well groomed, so this is the perfect solution.

The whole process set me back about $35.

If you've tried it, let me know what you think. If you haven't, give it a shot!

Once again, that's OPI's new Axxium Gel.

As always, I have not been paid for this review, but I would love to get some perks for writing this blog, so if you have any cool stuff you want to give me in exchange for a review, I'm IN!!!