Putting it all together

So, I've been rather busy as of late helping my friend Lesley-Anne plan her wedding for next summer. Now, this is my first formal involvement in a wedding so it's been exciting and a bit overwhelming at times to see how much detail goes into getting everything together to make a special day happen. Lucky for me, my friends have great taste and I've had a lot of fun coming with up ideas for flowers, table settings, cakes (yum!), and the overall color scheme of the wedding. We've been using paint swatches, color scheme books, vintage Martha Stewart wedding guides and lots of websites like Style Me Pretty to get closer to finalizing the perfect look. Here's what we've been gotten so far:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The original inspiration for this palette is Georgia Tech (where Lesley-Anne and her fiance attend), as you can see we've expanded upon the original navy and gold scheme to include more shades of blue.


There is definitely a lot more work ahead (and also some things I can't discuss because weddings should have surprises!) but work is always a lot easier when you get to share it with your friends.