OUCH!


Moseying along past Samford on this morning's ride, Aido assured me that the Goat Track (yes, that's its REAL name) was open, despite there being signage up saying road closed for grading. He left home at 5am for a cruisy pedal while I did some uni work, and left for my ride at 8am.

Goat Track CLOSED: 7.30am–1pm. Epic fail. It was even manned, so I couldn't sneakily slip past up the gravelly road climb. Dammit!

What to do, what to do...the only answer was to go back down, turn left en route to Glorius, and chew your bars at 15% for two km. Brutal. Needless to say the road down through Neebs was a slow and painful one. But that's why we do it, isn't it?


This photo was taken at the top of the corkscrew, while I hastily shoved a bar in my mouth while pondering my mortality. Somehow made a Coot-tha after that too, the day was too good to waste! A beautiful day, but now a thunderstorm looms. It's nice to be alive!