Postcards from Paris

[image via We Heart It]
Letter writing is certainly becoming a lost art in this day of Blackberry Messages, emails, and friend requests. I write regularly to my grandmother, but there was still a part of me that wanted to have a pen pal or letter swap like I did when I was a child. Luckily, I stumbled upon the PostCrossing website and signed up. To put it simply, PostCrossing is a way to exchange postcards across the world that is organized online. When you sign up, you are able to start out by sending 5 initial post cards across the world. I sent my first post cards to the UK, Singapore, Germany, Poland, and Ukraine. The website makes the process really straightforward and user friendly, no worries about  Once your recipients register that they have received your cards with the unique code you place on each postcard, you will begin to receive postcards yourself.

Here are the postcards I've received from France, the Czech Republic, Germany, and the Netherlands. It's been simple enough and has been a cost effective way to get some interesting artwork for my apartment. Sending a postcard internationally from the US costs only 98 cents (except for Mexico and Canada which is less than that), making it an affordable way to start a collection or simply get something in your mailbox that isn't a bill. It's a bit of a nerdy hobby, but I'm excited to see how my collection grows.