Music of the 70's

I don't when or how it happened. The other day I couldn't find any songs playing on the regular radio stations I listen to so I switched to the oldies station.   I seldom listen to the oldies station, well I always thought of music from the 50's and 60's when I think of oldies.  


Bands like the The Doobie Brothers, Lynyrd Skynard, The Rolling Stones and ZZ Top just never seemed like oldies music to me.   Great songs that I know my heart.  Songs that when ever they come on the radio, you have to crank it up.  My foot starts picking up the beat, my body starts swaying to the rhythm.  The songs just brighten up the moment and I can never stop listening to them.  How could they be considered oldies?


Last year Lynyrd Skynard was playing in San Antonio, Tx.   I brought tickets for our family to attend. It was an awesome concert.  We were surrounded by people in their twenties and they all knew the songs by heart also.   Bic lighters glowing and swaying to the music, it definitely was a great night.


Well, I still don't consider those great bands ready for the oldies station, but at least I have found a place that plays the music I love.