A Little Bit Heartbroken

I would normally never discuss something as personal as this on the blog, but it felt necessary considering the events of the last couple of weeks. The end of graduate school is now here and I'm busy finishing things here in Cambridge and preparing to find job and start a new chapter in my life. It's been a stressful month and I haven't really felt up to blogging. With all the storm systems passing through the South yesterday, a significant of damage was done not only to our beloved alma mater Berry College, but also across the entire region. It hasn't been easy seeing the pictures on Facebook or watching videos of the storm in progress, especially when you're a thousand miles away and unable to help in the immediate relief efforts. I now recognize I need to give myself some time to grieve and reflect on these events. I hope that all of our Southern readers are safe and I am looking forward to returning to more optimistic blogging soon.