The last 2 weeks

I've been so busy doing the oddest things really. Michelle and I took a road trip to Penticton. It started of a bit shaky, and by that I mean the lady holding a "slow" sign at the road construction by Michelle's house shook the sign at her. Not at me, she was driving. I was peeing my pants laughing. She wasn't even going fast, we were 2nd to last in a long line of cars so it wasn't like a person could even go faster than the 30 kms. you have to go in a construction zone. We took the scenic route. I've lived her all my life and never took some of the roads we took, on purpose and by mistake. We never did find Summerland Sweets, but we did see some interesting sights. 

 Like this, it's right across the road from some beautiful high end condos on the beach. If you look close you can see it has everything and that it's all piled on top of everything else. A trumpet, brass candle stick holders, an antique washboard. It's an episode of Hoarders and Canadian Pickers all in one building.
We had a snack at Bliss, coffee, lunch, went to the mall, drove in circles, and went to the dollar store, we were gone all day!
 As we were heading into Penticton, which I hadn't been to in years. Michelle asks me if I know where the cake store is. Another 'pee my pants' moment. Neither one of us knew. But we still found it right away. We both bought sticks for cake pops and a few other things, like orange essence.
 I came home and made a yellow cake from scratch flavouring it with the orange. Then I made Creamsicle cake balls. And then I almost lost them due to that big fuzzy nose!
 You can see some of these turds enjoying the cake pops. And almost none of them looking at me when I said I needed a picture for my project life book.
 A few days later, Kerry and I went to Peachland. This was the second time in the week that I got to go to Bliss bakery. Like I needed it. But this time I only had a chai latte. Then we walked for miles to the car show. Along the way, people parked their car show worthy cars so we hardly noticed the distance.
 This was so stunning. White car with purple-ish flames and totally white interior. No ketchup chip or cheezie eating in that car!
 It's neat to see all the time and effort put in to the cars. The details are the main reason I go. Oh, and I kind of like spending time with that guy.
 The Blues Brothers were there. Again, attention to detail! The one guy had "JAKE" tattooed on his knuckles.

 I'm learning things I didn't plan on ever knowing...Like types of cars, "oh, look a
RED car!!!"
 And that car enthusiasts are also hockey fans. Up and down Beach Ave. people had their radios on to hear the game.

 The most interesting thing I learned was not the best thing, and it was confirmed by the Baracuda owner "Randy". Kerry had told me the back seat of one of my fav's folds down, and that the back of the trunk does too so that it's wide open and flat. I asked why, he said for 'dates'. I was like "Sure, that's what car manufactures think of." So when we ran into Randy, I said tell me the truth as to why the back of the car is like that. He didn't say anything but moved his eye brows up and down. Men.
 May Long involved Emily's first time going to the festivities, at least that she can remember. Growing up, the festivities never involved the fair. We had to sit through the ball games. Anyways, she went and was gone for about 7 hours. We got phone calls keeping us up to date on her happenings, things like "Iwentonthezipper.Itwasnotnearlyasscaryasspacemountain!I'mgoingonitagain!" Love that she kept us informed. Funny that she talked so fast. And even funnier that everything relates to how scary Space Mountain was. For me, it's the Tower of Terror. I took the elevator up to the orthodontist, it was only 28% less scary than the the Tower of Terror.
And to finish off the long weekend, we went down to watch Kerry's nephew J's grand march for grad. Funny story, his date is the daughter of one of the girls Kerry gradded with. Officially old.