Hot or Not: July

Once again bringing you what is Hot and what is Not in AB-land this month.

(PS: I almost overlooked this month. Ooops!)

HOT

Organic Peanut Butter

It's like peanut butter. But without the crap. It's a crap-less peanut butter which makes on feel good if one is trying to avoid too much extra salt and sugar (notice I didn't include fat here or it wouldn't be on the 'Hot' list).
Sure, my skinfolds aren't saying it's hot, but it's a guilty pleasure somewhat healthier than others' Maccas or other crap.

Sleeping through the night

Ok, so I am probably shooting myself in the foot here, and all will be undone the moment I utter this, but baby pea has started sleeping longer again. After an unsettled week where two wakeups were the norm (nb: zzzz...) she has figured out that sleeping until between 4 and 5 am is a much better caper. We'll see if this lasts. Fingers crossed.

This was a very little one...she was in a 00000 size onesie here! But you get the idea...sleeping kid etc etc.

Bike racing + riding for more than 2 hours

Yep, that's right, some bike racing has happened once again and I am slowly getting towards the pointy end, though I am aware I have a buttload further to go! This is a little depressing on one hand, and motivating on the other, though when you wake up like I did this morning (absolutely shattered despite a decent night's sleep...) you wonder if you'll ever feel fresh and 'normal' again, if you'll ever be able to train and race at your best, maybe it will take time.

Joy of a midday run

Yes, lil pea and I now enjoy getting out for exercise together. We have got our Chariot Cougar 1 contraption and we have been on many short runs, sometimes just up to the post office a couple of km away and back, it makes for some nice incidental exercise and some nice planned exercise too!

This one's been published before, but let's face it, she's so cute we can do it again. Hooray for run time!

I'll do a proper review of the contraption in time, but let's just say it's fun* and convenient. In a few months we can tow her around in it too, which will be fun for bike path recovery adventures and the like.

The Olympics

If only it wasn't taking place is such a darn inconvenient time-zone.
Wonder how it handles offroad?

NOT

Increased recovery time

It seems that since I am living on more broken sleep, and required to be 100% accessible by missy moo at all times my recovery time on hard sessions is much longer. I am sure it's just part of getting older, still trying to gain some fitness, continually making milk and just generally exhausting myself too.

But it sucks! One relatively hard or slightly longer session and the next day I am cactus. I had one such grovel session on Sunday after a solid Saturday, and I seriously considered letting the air out of my tyres and calling my taxi-husband. Of course I didn't. I just grinned and bared it, hopefully it will make me stronger in the long run but in the short term it's not a nice feeling!
Random picture of Stuey. Doing recovery. And stuff.

Le Tour 2012

Apparently some potty-mouthed Brit won the 2012 Tour. But we wouldn't know as we were busy doing interesting things, which did not include watching the Tour.

Vaccinations

At the risk of sounding a little baby-centric this post, vaccinations, though terribly neccessary, are bringers of great grumpiness and fatigue (yes, for Elva as well as me...). So she thinks I am the devil right now and is pretty much doing what you do when you are grumpy and unwell, just waking, eating, grizzling, going back to bed. Poor poppet.

*baby pea would like to add that when she feeds half-arsedly, then we go jogging offroad, it is indeed NOT fun and she will grizzle for 40minutes until I get back to the car and she decides to actually eat something.