Anime Revolution - The food we ate

 We have become those people that plan their trips around where we want to eat! 
Thank goodness we walked a lot on this trip.
On the way to Vancouver, we stopped in Hope, at Home Restaurant. 
 It is known for it's pies. We didn't have pie.
 We had fish and chips. There were way to many fries, and they weren't that good. The fish was good.
 Kerry's BBQ Pork sandwich was very tasty, he said one of the best ones he's had.
 The Cesar salad was good, chicken fingers looked like they came from a box.

 Friday, we walked and walked and walked. We opted to not have a Japadog. I've had one locally and it was only so-so. The photos didn't do much to sell me on the dogs either.

Our long walk ended here. 


 In case you missed that...
 You don't get to choose from much and I really didn't feel like a sandwich by the time we got there. There wasn't much of a line up. This place was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.
 Porchetta for both of us, please.
 Oh, what's that he's got in a pile to the left? Pork cracklin'? Hello!

 It's very simple, very fast, very good!
 We opted for take out. Kerry grabbed this weird pop and it turned out to be really good.
 We sat here, and ate and took in the sites.  I think we were bordering on the sketchy part of the city.
 I will definitely go back. In fact, I think I will crave this sandwich all the time.

We had dinner at the food court across from the convention. I had a bento box and it was good. Kerry had pizza. Didn't look so great but he said it was good. Is there bad pizza?
We made plans to have lunch at Peaceful Restaurant with my brother and his friend. But it looked like it was closed down so we went to Hon's instead. Weird decor, kind of cafeteria-like. Very good service, and very good food. Too many choices. I had wunton soup, the wuntons were huge. We tried Chinese donuts for the first time and I won't buy them here, they obviously aren't fresh, but I'd buy them there again.
Then we got a text from brother, it said Peaceful was open. We made plans to eat there on our last day.

 Guy was here!
 We had the beef rolls, which were so good! I will crave those too. Emily ordered steamed pork buns and ate all but the one I ate. I would definitely eat here again. It's small, and crowded. 
 Kerry's dan-dan noodles. These noodles are hand pulled.
 My beef stir fry.
 Justin's General Tao Chicken, I'd order that again.
 Emily's friend's curry fried rice. 
And after years of trying to get there, we finally found Krispy Kreme's and got our donuts! Everyone got to pick 3 kinds. We ate donuts all the way home. We dropped a box off for Michelle. I felt bad that we didn't bring more home. Like we need it.

 There's caramel apple, cotton candy, regular, raspberry filled (my favourite), sour cream, toffee, and cream filled. 
 We also stopped at T&T market, got some pork buns, onion pancake, cheese cake, and snacks like Hi-Chews. And a new favourite place, Maxim's bakery for cheese wiener buns. 
I've put my order in with my brother, if he's coming to visit he's got to stop and get some for us.