I just thought of something kind of funny...


In addition to my nephew, my parents are staying with us for 2 weeks. 

Yesterday my mom grounded me.

I'm sure I've mentioned that I'm a little challenged when it comes to laundry and organization. My husband has been freaking out because there are laundry baskets full of clothes in the corner of our room, and when he tries to get clothes for our girls their drawers are a mess.

So, Mom decided to take matters in her own hands and she FORCED me to help her sort through clothes, figure out what goes to Goodwill, what goes to the cousins and what gets tossed. It was brutal.  Since I have two young children, who both had friends over, there were lots of distractions, but the minute my mother caught me trying to do something else, WHAM, she'd call me on it, and back to the laundry piles I would go, dragging my feet the entire time.

We almost completed the task, but I outsmarted her and suggested we make a trip to Costco, which I know she can't resist.

I give that woman alot of credit. It's not easy to get me to budge, but since she gave birth to me, she figures she can boss me around a little.  

She's staying for a few more days, so if she tries to get me to clean out closets again I'm going to entice her with a trip to Tuesday Morning, or the Dollar Tree.  It's going to take alot to outwit the "master of distraction."  I hope she's up to the task.