Like Mother-Like Daughter....


Today was a rainy, stormy day in the great Garden State. The lightening and hail were brutal, so we opted to stay in. I was not in the mood to clean out closets, fold laundry, or reorganize the pantry (much to my husband's chagrin) so I decided we should do some "fun family activities."


I'll start with the kid's activity...


When my oldest daughter was a baby I was really into scrapbooking. A friend of mine had a business in her home and about twice a month I'd go over to her "scrapbooking studio" and work on my books. The result was four gorgeous scrapbooks documenting Meg's infancy and toddler years. When Catherine came along I was pretty much done with my scrapbooking phase...but the supplies remain.


Today I allowed my older daughter to break into my supply stash and start her own scrapbook. It was so cute watching her...she was really into it. At first I was having a hard time letting her dig into all my cherished paper, stickers, scissors and embellishments, but I forced myself to get over it, and I'm so glad I did...she put together the most adorable pages and she was so damn proud!!


How about you gals? Were any of you into the whole scrapbooking thing when it wast the hot hobby for mommys? Does anyone still do it? It seems all the scrapbook stores in my area went out of business...I guess when A.C. Moore and Michael's jumped on the bandwagon the little guys got blown out of the water.
Some day I'll write more about some of my other crafty phases including knitting (which I miss), needlepoint, jewelry making (so expensive) and rubber stamping cards. Since I started blogging my creative hobbies have been replaced by writing and home hair styling. Since I'm a failure at home hair styling, I'll stick with the writing.


Next post...my romantic getaway with Brad and the adults play poker!!!