It's very early.

It's 5.30am. I originally got up to ride the bunch, but it turns out the road is kinda wet and greasy, and the bunch tends to be sketchy at the best of times. So there you go. I shall venture off to do some hills shortly.

It's so cold at the moment, I cannot feel my feet (and most of the time my hands) on the bike. I get to work to have a shower, and I look at my toes and they're blue/grey. Can one get frostbite while cycling?

Maybe that idea's a bit superflous coming from Sydney, but I'll tell you, it's freaking cold at the moment. Not just nippy, but bone chilling. For those of us who didn't grow up in Europe, Canada or any other country where temperatures stays at below zero for extended periods of time, it's like a snowstorm at the moment. Add that to weird fog and haze action and Sydney's like a bad, cold, horror movie from the eighties.

On a lighter note, buddies A n K are back in town, from an apparently lovely month in K's hometown of Canada. Of course, it is not the heinouslu cold Canada I mentioned earlier at the moment, but a nice warm Canadian summer. Damn them! Oh well, they did invite us (funds were unavailable for comment at the time of going to press).

Meanwhile, netween cycling, eating, working, cycling, eating, sleeping, cleaning, walking dog, cycling, watching tour...where am I supposed to be able to fit wedding planning in? There's only one option now - delegation.

Watch Out

AB