Say hello to my little poll!

As you can see in my sidebar, I've put together a little poll. If you haven't voted yet, please do! And while you're at it, let us know which one you voted for, and why.

As I was putting together the questions it got me thinking about what's most important to me, my looks, my sense of duty, my brains, or my finances.

Ideally I could have all four of these attributes and be a hot looking lady, who volunteers at a soup kitchen, has a PhD and a bank account that would make the Rockefellers jealous. I hate to tell you this, but I do know a few people who fit this description. (I hate every single one of them!)

Since I could only pick one, I chose "that woman is brilliant!" Why? Don't ask me...I'm not smart enough to articulate it. I voted for what I WANT people to say, not what they ACTUALLY say.

But seriously, I've been studying quite a bit of Buddhism, and one of the highest places you can get to is to be independent of the good opinions of others. In other words, what we think of ourselves should matter way more that what other people think of us. But that's a whole 'nother post. (As a matter of fact, that's an entire doctoral thesis!)

And since I'm just a little old housewife with a Bachelor of Arts degree, I'll leave those deep thoughts to the great philosophers.

Sooo, fess up! Which one did you vote for? Don't worry, we won't judge you. And even if we do, you don't care what we think...right?!