Tennis Tuesday-Just what I need, another distraction!!



The US Open is in full swing (pun intended) and I'm having a hard time staying away from the TV. USA network has about 9 hours of coverage a day! That's pretty hard to resist.




It would be even better if I could go see it live, but there are about 800 factors which prevent me from doing so, including 2 kids, a ton of prep before school starts and the fact that decent tickets cost an arm and a leg!


Catherine was BEGGING to go hit tennis balls today, so I took her out and she is a natural. She just turned 5, so if we keep working, I'll have an in-house tennis buddy in a few years!


The summer is my slowest time tennis-wise, and I am counting the days until my leagues start up in the fall. I am so desperate to play that I even miss the tennis psychos from my spring team.

Tennis is the only form of exercise I get other than vacuuming, folding laundry and cleaning out the litter box and I need it desperately. It puts me in such a better mood when I play.

So I'll count the minutes until September 8th and keep myself busy with school shopping, haircuts, new school orientation and general motherly duties.
There's alot of work to be done.
If I can only stay away from the TV, and the drama of the US Open...