The Trickle-Down Theory in Action!!!

Yesterday my 9 year old had her friend Kaitlyn over to play. Kaitlyn is a total trip. She's one of the funniest kids I've ever met.

When her mom came to pick her up we had a little political discussion. It went something like this:

Kaitlyn: Mrs. Y, I almost forgot to ask you this, who are you voting for in the election?

Kaitlyn's Mom (who is very proper and polite): KAITLYN!!! You don't ask people that question!

Me: It's okay. I'm voting for McCain.

Kaitlyn: I'm for Obama.

K's Mom (threatening tone): KAITLYN.....

Kaitlyn: I love Obama. Lot's of kids in my class wanted Hillary. But I really wanted Obama.

Did you know that Abraham Lincoln didn't have much experience, but he was a great president.

K's Mom (under her breath): I don't know where she gets this.

Kaitlyn: Daddy's for Obama.

K's Mom: Did he tell you that?

Kaitlyn: Yeah, he loves Obama. Katie likes McCain, so does Trevor. They should get married.

K's Mom: Kaitlyn it's time to go home.

Kaitlyn (as she climbs in the car): Wouldn't it be exciting to have our first black President? I think Obama's going to win!

And off they went...

I think someone has a future in politics. That child is proof positive that the trickle-down theory does indeed work! (And I think mom was more than a bit surprised to hear who daddy was voting for!!)

Big debate tomorrow night...stay tuned.