This is getting really interesting!!!

I've been reading your comments on my last post and I really love that we are debating the upcoming election in a civil manner!

Here's a thought I want to throw out for discussion.

What do you think about our system of government?  The Constitution, which I feel is a powerful and amazing document outlines a system of checks and balances that guarantees (or at least attempts to guarantee) that no part of the government becomes too powerful.     

Personally I think this is a great system.  One of my fears is that if we don't have at least somewhat equal representation of Democrats and Republicans in all branches of government, that the government will have too much power.  

I do not want the government to have a hand in my every aspect of my life.  In my opinion the less government intervention the better.  IN EVERYTHING.

What do you think about this?