25 Fascinating Facts about Moi

I was tagged on Facebook by my good bloggy friend Clemson Girl to write 25 things about me.
I figure if I'm going to do it I might as well get a blog post out of it.

Let's see if I'm up for this.

1. People tell me their secrets. I don't know what it is about me. For some reason my friends and acquaintances feel comfortable telling me things that others know nothing about. Maybe they don't care what I think. Or they think that whatever they've done, I've probably done something worse. Who know? I try very hard not to be judgemental. And to only give advice when asked.

2. I have two sisters who I love very much. We are so different, yet so much alike. We always have a great time when we're together and I am so thankful that we are so close.

3. I go through phases with my personal style. About 3 years ago I went through a preppy phase and now I have a closet full of Lilly stuff that I can't stand.

4. I have had more hair colors in my life than Lindsay Lohan. Some of the less desirable shades include bright red, fuchsia and green/grey. All results of very bad choices at the Rite-Aid.

5. I love my dogs but they make my life extremely chaotic. Every time the doorbell rings I have to run around trying to catch them and coral them into the back yard. It's kind of pathetic.

6. I have diagnosed myself with adult A.D.H.D.

7. If I didn't live in New Jersey, I would like to live in North or South Carolina, Northern California or of course Maryland, near my sisters. I love Vermont, but would have to head south from November until March.

8. I absolutely love Manhattan and if I had enough money I'd love to have a little apartment there.

9. I used to dream of being a writer for "Saturday Night Live" for a short time in my twenties I wrote and performed sketch comedy and improv and hung out with alot of stand up comics.

10. I used to do print ads and voice over work. I always played a young mom, nurse or yuppie.

11. I'm learning that I don't always have to give my opinion and that sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all. (Although I still make some mistakes!!)

12. I have sick sense of humor and love movies like "Something About Mary," "Mean Girls," "Napoleon Dynamite," and "You, Me and Dupree."

13. I love talk radio. When I drive around I rarely listen to music and usually have the radio tuned to Dr. Joy Browne, Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity. (Yes, all you liberals out there...I LIKE conservative talk show hosts!!)

14. Some of my liberal friends tell me how surprised they are that I tend to vote Republican. I think I'm a disappointment to them. I have to explain that all Republicans are not greedy war obsessed fascists, who don't care about anyone but themselves. Luckily most of them respect my opinions, just as I respect theirs.

15. Some of my favorite treats are Swedish Fish, Starbucks Cinnamon Dulce Lattes, Herbal Tea and of course my major addiction, fountain Diet Coke.

16. I love spending time with people that I can debate with. I enjoy hearing others' opinions and discussing both sides of an issue. My husband is one of my favorite people to debate, although we usually agree on politics and religion.

17. I love Dr. Wayne Dyer and listen to his CDs all the time. Here are some of my favorite Dr. Wayne quotes...

"People who want the most approval get the least and people who need approval the least get the most."

"Simply put, you believer that things or people make you unhappy, but this is not accurate. You make yourself unhappy.
"

"Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances."

There are tons more, just go to his website...drwaynedyer.com

18. I can't stand the show "The View" I find it absolutely impossible to watch. What an annoying group of women. Yes, I can't even watch Elisabeth.

19. I hate to admit this...but I'm reading "Twilight" and finding it very slow. Am I the only one?

20. My favorite female tennis pro is Amelie Mauresmo, I also like Ana Ivanovic. My favorite male, Rafael Nadal although Federer's game is absolutely flawless..

21. When I'm bored I play with my hair. It drives my husband crazy. I told him I'll stop when he stops biting his nails.

22. I'm immature that way.

23. My girl's love the show iCarly. I can't stand it!! The acting stinks, it's not funny and they scream all the time. I very much prefer Hannah Montana. Jackson is so darn funny.

24. I love where I live. I've lived in this town for almost 12 years and I have never had the desire to move away. I love the river, the beaches, the schools and most of the people. I actually have nightmares about moving away.

25. I used to be a huge party animal and loved to go out at least 4 times a week. When I hit 30 I became a complete homebody and only go crazy once or twice a year at most.


If you feel at a loss for blogging material, please go ahead and do this. Let me know if you do, I want to know more about all of you!!!