Do the right thing...


I was thinking this morning about how quickly little things add up. If you let your kids slack learning their multiplication tables they fall behind in math. A few extra snacks here and there and your pants are too tight. Too many trips to Target and your credit cards are maxed out.

We've all been there in some way shape or form.

This morning I felt tired and I looked it. I had a to-do list as long as my arm and two bored daughters staring at me waiting for me to entertain them. Quite frankly I would have been happy to sit in front of the TV or computer for a few hours with a cup of coffee and a bag of cookies.

I was tempted to order up a movie on pay per view for the girls and do some serious slacking.

Have you ever seen in cartoons when there is an angel on one of Bugs Bunny's shoulders and a devil on the other? THAT'S how I felt.

The devil whispered in my ear..."C'mon...it's Winter Break! Everyone's away skiing or at some tropical getaway..you need a break. Go ahead-chill! You deserve it."

The angel reasoned with me. "Brad has been at work all week, slaving away to pay the bills. Go to the supermarket. Get some nice healthy food for your family. Clean up those piles of laundry! You can go to bed early tonight if you're tired!!"

They both had very good points.

Usually when I have to decide between two extremes, I take the middle road. So, I got my butt in the shower, packed up my girls and headed to my friend's airbrush tanning salon. I felt so much better with a little color on my pale washed out face.

Then we cruised to the supermarket and stocked up on fruit, veggies and yogurt. I even got two cute little orchids for the house.

My girls have two friends over to play and now I'm sitting down for a little "me time" on the computer.

This stay at home mom thing is dangerous business. There are so many temptations, Facebook, blogs, magazines, tennis. All of them screaming for my attention.

Today, I was strong. But tomorrow is another day!