I watched it...and I LOVED it!


Last night I watched the premiere of "The Real Housewives of New York City" Season 2.

As Austin Powers would say, "I'm so excited!!"

Where have I been? I've been wasting my time thinking about the economy, taking care of my children and cleaning the house and I had absolutely no idea that there was a new housewife.







Her name is Kelly Bensimon. The producers of the show (as well as LuAnn) totally scored with this one. She is former model, an editor at large for Hamptons, Gotham, and LA Confidential magazines. As a style expert, she has written three books on fashion and regularly appears on television on programs such as The Today Show, CBS, Style, and Oprah. As Bethenny said, she hangs with the true "fabulous" crowd in the Hamptons and Manhattan. If there were a caste system on this show, she would be a Brahmin. And she KNOW it.

Those of you who watched know that the season started with a bang.

Apparently Simon slammed Jill in an interview with New York Magazine. He claimed that he's really good at reading people. "Like Jill, for example, I could tell right away she's from Long Island." MEOW Simon. As if it takes a psychic to know that! It was clearly a dig.

Jill obviously didn't like his condescending snobby comment, so she hit back in an interview with Cindy Adams in The Post. Saying that she doesn't really talk to Alex and Simon and that he had a drinking problem!

The show moved on to a fundraiser at Jill's house in the Hamptons.

I was really appalled that LuAnn promised that her children would help stuff the gift bags and then didn't follow through. And THEN she didn't even apologize. How rude. And she's writing a book about manners? Start with following through on your promises LuAnn.

Interesting that outspoken Jill didn't call her on it. She doesn't want to burn any bridges with LuAnn. If Alex or Ramona had done that the gloves would have been off.

Woo hoo!! Let the games begin. This is going to be juicy. The previews show all kinds of drama.

One fight in particular that I look forward to is Ramona's husband Mario vs. Jill. They've all been pretty mean to Ramona and her man is stepping up.

Stay tuned!!!