Jumpin' on the green juice bandwagon...


I played tennis the other day against a girl who was awesome. It was quite a battle and we were both exhausted afterwards. In the end, she still beat me. It was rough. Bottom line is, even though I played well, she was in better shape than me.

One of the frustrating things abut playing a competitive sport is playing against people who can play and train more than me. Some of these ladies work out every day and play tennis 5 times a week. I'd actually like to do that, but then I wouldn't have the energy to do all the other tasks I have to complete every day.

Maybe I'm just lazy.

Anyway, my superhuman tennis buddy let me in on her "little secret." She claims that her tennis prowess is all due to her consumption of GREEN JUICE.

Have you heard about it? If not, here's the scoop.


Why It's Good:

This super-green, super good-for-you drink will give you a nice energy buzz and help detoxify your system. If this doesn't give your skin a lovely glow, we don't know what will.

Why It's Green:

Raw, organic vegetables are overloaded with vitamins C and E, folic acid, lycopene and alpha and betacarotene. Vitamin C and E are powerful antioxidants needed to maintain healthy cells; they prevent molecular DNA getting damaged by free radicals. When you choose organic vegetables, no only are pesticides and chemicals not getting into your body, but they are also not polluting the environment.

There's a whole bunch of variations on the recipe, here's one of them.

Donna Karan's Green Juice Recipe

The designer shared her recipe for this energizing, green juice when she appeared on The Martha Stewart Show.

  • 5 apples
  • ½ bunch celery
  • ½ bulb fennel
  • 1 cucumber
  • ½ head of romaine lettuce
  • 1 (1 to 2 inch) piece of ginger
  • 1 lemon peeled
  • 2 cups greens (kale, spinach or parsley)


1. Wash everything well.

2. Process in a juicer, then drink.

I ordered a Breville juicer from Amazon. It will be here in a few days, so I'll let you know if it changes my life after I've tried this magic concoction.

Who know, after drinking it I might just wake up at 5 am, go for a run and shower before the rest of the family gets up. I will then proceed to cook a healthy breakfast, drop the girls at school and run to the market for organic produce.

Then I'll go to my "job" (I'm sure I'll find a part time job which brings in big bucks after drinking the magic juice.) If I don't go to my high paying part time job, I'll go to a committee meeting, or volunteer at the girl's school.

After that I'll hop over to the tennis club for an hour of singles. Of course I'll win, because I'm drinking GREEN JUICE.

I'll pick the girl's up from school and bring them to their various activities, which they will excel at because they too will drink GREEN JUICE.

Then we'll go home and they will do their homework. IT will come easy to them, because they will be full of nutrients from the GREEN JUICE.

I'll cook a healthy dinner, clean up the kitchen, bathe the children and put them to bed. When they are safely tucked in, I'll drink some more GREEN JUICE, sit in a cozy chair and knit a blanket, which I will donate to a homeless shelter.

Maybe I'll even make my blog the top mommy blog on the internet. I'll bring in huge ad revenue, score a book deal and maybe even get my own talk show. When they ask how I did it, I'll tell the world about the magic powers of GREEN JUICE.

Stranger things have happened.




Now here's another of my short films. This one is called, "Catherine doing her "cool poses."


Catherine doing her "cool poses!" on 12seconds.tv