Thank goodness for useless studies!



I heard that somewhere they did a study about whether or not swearing is a pain reliever. 'They' tested a group of students, made them put their hands in ice for a set amount of time. One time saying words that were neutral, the other time they could swear. The swearing time they kept their hands in longer. Why? It's too scientific for me...but let me tell you this...While getting my tattoo today, I said lots of swear words in my head. And if they relieved any pain, then I can't even imagine what it would have been like if I had said words that described my couch in my head. Tattoos hurt. Don't let anyone tell you other wise. Kerry channeling his inner peace.

Originally, I was getting 2 tattoos, one on the inside of my left arm, one on my right calf. Kerry got his on the inside of his left arm and said it hurt, a lot. After much discussion about the design of my arm tattoo and what it might look like in a year or so, I decided to go back to the drawing board. After Clint started tattooing my leg, I yelled out "I'm only getting one tattoo!" because if the inner arm is supposed to be the worst place for pain, and my leg was in a whole lot of pain, then I couldn't even imagine what the pain of the inner arm would feel like. And I think after giving birth naturally to 2 kids, one with no drugs what-so-ever, that I have a fairly high pain tolerance. So when my tattoo is designed, I will NOT be getting it on my inner arm, no matter how much I want it there.

My calf, shot by me, in our bathroom, not so great but you get the idea. I'm not nearly as red as Kerry is. I didn't bleed, either or so Kerry thinks. I didn't look. The blood will make me pass out. Not the pain, not the needles, just the blood and the fact my body is losing it. I'm really attached to my blood.

Emily was commissioned, paid in video games to draw this picture of her, Shaun and the 2 dogs. We wanted it in her chibi style, and she did colour it but we decided to go with just the black line drawing. I love it. Mom does not.