You Have Been Warned...


It took every bit of my effort to get off Facebook and onto this blog to warn my fellow computer addicts.

Whatever you do...don't try Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. Not even once. That's all it takes to get hooked. And once you're addicted, your life will never EVER be the same.

I'm distracted, my muscles are stiff, my eyes are bloodshot, my thighs have burns from my hot laptop. Hours of time goes by without even realizing it.

There are people counting on me, but all I can think about is getting my next medal. I keep telling myself, "When I get to 25,000, I'll stop." But that day never comes.

When family members ask how long I've been playing, I tell them 10 minutes, when It's really been 3 hours.

I have bills to pay, a house to clean, children to feed and tennis matches to play. In addition to that, I have a very unpopular blog with low ratings that needs my attention.

But all I can do is sit like a zombie and try to match gems.

I know the first step to overcoming an addiction is admitting you have a problem. So there you have it. I admit it.

Please heed my warning. I care about you.

I've never been a very good example. The least I can do is be a horrible warning.

Stay away. Bejeweled Blitz is the devil in disguise.

It will steal your soul and ruin your life.

You have been warned.