Progress Report

It's time for a little progress report on my ADHD. A reader suggested that I get a prescription for a drug called Adderall. Apparently it is life changing for those of us afflicted with this horrible disorder. I love the idea of taking a pill and curing my ailment, (f-you Tom Cruise) but I'm too lazy to see a doctor right now, so I'm taking steps to overcome my disorder without meds.

Here are some steps I've taken to increase my focus and productivity:

One of the techniques I've been using is to put my Blackberry in a difficult to reach spot. If I'm downstairs I leave it upstairs, and visa versa. This has been very effective, not only in cutting down on distractions, but also in getting a better night's sleep.

I used to sleep with the Blackberry next to the bed, and I was always tempted to look at it when I saw the red light blinking. Now, I leave it in the kitchen, and eliminate the temptation to take a peek at Facebook or Twitter.

Another motivating factor in my quest for focus, has been my husband/life coach/drill sergeant. God bless the guy. Last week he not only put down hardwood floors in both my kids bedrooms (after working 8 am until 7 pm). He also succeeded in getting me to organize and purge MASSIVE amounts of books, toys and clothes. I fought him tooth and nail, but he managed to get me to FOCUS and get the job done. (Almost.) The weight that has been lifted off my shoulders is massive.

I felt overwhelmed by all the crap my daughters and I have accumulated, and now life seems so much more manageable.

That's all I'm going to say about that. For now.

On to tennis.

This summer was a good one for me. I went 6-0 in my team doubles matches. My team came in first place out of 10 teams. I had fun. I loved my teammates. What a difference from my pitiful singles season this spring.

Finally, if you're not Twittering. Do it. It's like a party on my computer. And make sure you follow me. My tweets are top notch. Believe it or not, they might even be better than my 2 year old blog.

Hard to imagine, isn't it?