Smokin'!

We have been watching a lot of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives lately. There's a bunch of great looking BBQ places that they visit, and it got us thinking that we should get the bbq/smoker out and try it. It was a perk from Kerry's work and we had it for about 2 yrs. before giving it to my parents, who kept it for a few months and then gave it back. We pulled it out of the box and got it set up. We picked up 2 racks of baby back ribs, and a pork butt roast. And using the 'magic' cookbook, I rubbed, rested,and smoked us some meaty goodies.

I also made Texas Style BBQ sauce from scratch.It took a while to put the smoker together, but it was worth it!
It's a good thing the smoker had this very accurate thermometer. After 4 hours of smoking the ribs were to-die-for! On the bbq shows we've been watching, namely BBQ Pitmasters, they say that good ribs won't pull away from the bone when you bite them. You should be able to leave a perfect bite mark in the meat. I think these were a bit over cooked, but pretty close to what they say you want in a perfect rib. The pork roast became pulled pork, I made sweet and sour coleslaw and served it along with the bbq sauce, on toasted garlic buns. I might just smoke all my meat from now on.
I did a bit of scrapbooking on Friday. Each layout still needs 'something' but I'm not sure what yet. While we were waiting, Kerry took a picture of me in my Yokohama fleece from the contest I won.