You're My Obsession


Stella McCartney Fall RTW 2008
Wooden Wedge Pumps

I wanted these shoes the moment I saw them in February 2008.
I adored the juxtaposition between the patent, wood, and metal.
A heel that was out-of-this world dramatic.
The architectural qualities of this shoe are perfect. From
the way in which the wooden wedge is carved, the height
of the heel (130 mm!), to the inclusion of the metal
piece on the back of the heel I loved how this shoe
was both ultramodern and ethereal.

Obtaining them was another story.
I searched high and low from Net-A-Porter to Neiman Marcus to
Neiman Marcus Last Call to find these in my size.
I got lucky enough last November on Yoox to get the last pair
from their Italian warehouse in a size 39!
I'm still just as in love with them as I was nearly two years ago.