Riding, uni and more exciting things...

Well life here, as usual, is flipping hectic! Skipped out on Oceanias after feeling crap for what seemed like weeks on end. Very sad indeed, but Aido snaffled an awesome fifth, and I think a fourth in the short track. Probably the best series year that he's had for year and years!

I am riding again, although not as much as I would like. With three 8am uni starts it makes life a little difficult to rise att 4.30am on consecutive mornings...sometimes your body just says no and you have to listen! But now is the part of the season where I do a few long races, don't stress myself out too much, and then go into hibernation over winter. Or at least that's the plan, but don't tink I could deal with beig inactive for that long!

Looking forward to Central Australia stage race in May (though terrified of missing any uni this semester, it's a shocker!), hopefully a few of the national series chicks will come along, and I'll have the legs to make it a decent hitout. I know those with time time and means are heading over to the World Cup at that time, so that will take a bit of the pointy end away!

Also, National Marathon Champs is coming up in a couple of weeks, which will be interesting coming off the end of the XC series, followed by illness and time off. A three hour ride still seems like forever, but hopefully I can get some solid riding in the next two weeks or so and just eat and drink my way to the finish...it's a tactic that has worked for me before.

Anyway, it's wet wet wet here in Brisbane. Weather for ducks, not runners, cyclists of riders of silly motorised scooters...